Tuesday, September 14, 2010

From the Mouth of Monique*

Beauty Redefined… That is how I sum up my experience working with the Bush Broads dream team. From the moment I walked into the building I could feel the creativity flowing from these beautiful ladies. I was nervous at first because I didn’t know how things were going to play out but I was also filled with excitement. On my way there I kept thinking of how they were going to dress me up and if I could actually pull it off. Its one thing to snap pictures of yourself in your bathroom but to have a team of professionals who exude pure style and haute-ness is a whole different experience. I felt so blessed to be a part of their vision.

I am sure they wondered what I was thinking of as I sat quietly in my chair. I traveled back to my teenage years when I would thumb through high fashion magazines dreaming of being in the shoes of a super model. The only problem was there were no models that looked like me. Black women come in many sizes, shapes, and color however the standard of beauty portrayed in the media didn’t reflect our diverse images. Black women and especially natural black women were underrepresented then and even now. As more black women return to their natural roots the image of beauty continually evolves. Bush Broads are redefining beauty and I am so happy that I had the opportunity to be a part of the project.
Peace & Blessings
Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment