Thursday, December 23, 2010

Carla Confesses

A little over a year ago, I caught my best friend staring at my head. He asked, "What are you going to do about your hair?" I had been attempting to grow it out, rather unsuccessfully, for almost a year after a series of unfortunate incidents with relaxers, permanent hair color and scissors. "I don't know," I replied. He suggested I stop relaxing it and go natural. "Besides," he said, "Do you even know what your natual hair LOOKS like?" I didn't. So I grew it out and to my pleasant surprise, I loved it! I hadn't seen my natural texture since I was about 12, which was when my mom slapped a Dark and Lovely in it one day after several foggy mornings kept destroying my carefully pressed hair. So when I heard about what the BushBroads were doing, I was almost foaming at the mouth to be a part of it. And what an awesome experience it was! Everyone was so easy to work with. Gia showed me a new way to curl my hair, Joy gave me a beautiful face and Davita's styling is magazine worthy. Marquita and Meesh took some fabulous shots. The whole experience made me feel glamorous and special. Keep up the awesome work ladies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment