Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pretty Outspoken: Chakayla

So, this beauty is Chakayla....
She'll be transformed November 21st....
She has a few things to share.....

1) Seeing as though you've been natural for a year, what made you detest chemical applications?
The year before chopping off all my hair and reinventing myself, my hair was so thin and unhealthy. I was sick of looking like every other black chick on my college campus, which is predominantly white. Two months before entering college my freshman year I decided to transition until my new growth started peeking out. Anxious and apprehensive, yes two horrible combinations, I cut if off October 18, 2009. This has been one of the best decisions I have made since graduating from high school. In a crowd full of chicks addicted to creamy crack, I am the BUSHY BROAD everyone looks at.


2) Do you think being natural will effect any of your relationships? If so, in what way?
I am currently in a relationship and he met me when I was six months into my natural journey and it was way shorter than what is was now. Only a REAL man can truly appreciate a woman who is natural. One guy told me he thinks its sexy that a woman is natural, its shows that she is confident and comfortable in her own skin. I guess I said all that to say that being natural hasn't affected any of my relationships, but I've had exes say rude comments when I first cut if off, but that's why there exes.

3) What about finding a job? Do you think it will intefere?
It all depends on where natural divas are trying to find jobs. I have aspirations to work in the fashion industry, but I never know where I will end up after graduation. But I will NEVER go back to creamy crack no matter what. I've seen CEOs with natural dos that look dope and professional, the world is changing slowly but surely, my loves.

4) What products do you use?
I currently use Shea Moisture shampoo and conditioner that I got from Target. Carol's Daughter leave conditioner spritz, and I just brought this line called Black Earth product that I'm anxious to use.

5) Do you have any interesting hair rituals?
I don't know if I would call it interesting but I braid or twist my hair before I got to bed.

6) Fill in the blank: My hair is _________________.....
FIERCE, with a mind of its own!
 
SEE YOU SOON CHAKAYLA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment