Friday, October 22, 2010

Pretty Outspoken: Lovy

Meet Lovy!


1) Was there a specific someone who encouraged you to become natural? If so, who?
My decision to go natural was a personal decision. I decided to go natural Sept. 26, 2006 on the spur of the moment. I had been contemplating it for some time, but never had the guts to do it. Then, one day I walked into a well-known natural hair care salon, sat in the chair and opted for the BIG chop! I truly believed that if I could let go of all of that hair I could let go of anything in life that was in one way or another suppressing my growth.

2) Why aren't more women embracing their natural hair?
I think that the most common reason for more women refusing to embrace their natural hair stems from internally rooted reasons. I know a few women who just simply fear entering into the" unknown." When I say unknown I simply mean they fear what their natural texture will look and feel like and whether or not they will be able to maintain it. Many women seem to have the perception that their natural hair will be "nappy" or "ugly" when in fact everyone that I know that has taken the leap towards natural hair has fully embraced and fallen in love with their kinks and coils.

3) In one word, how would you describe your locs?
Unique!

4) What's your definition of beauty?
Beauty is not defined by the straightness or length of your hair. Beauty in essence is truly skin deep. You have to love everything about you, imperfections and all in order to truly recognize what real beauty is. Beauty is not defined my the woman, but rather the woman defines beauty. So, while I could give my definition of beauty it would only pertain to me as an individual.

5) What would you say to someone thinking about becoming natural but is a little hesitant?
To those contemplating going natural I say "Do It" what's the worse that could happen? Hair will always grow back.

6) What products do you use?
I use a number of products because I like to experiment and see what works best... I've used all of the Miss Jessies products, deva poo, Curls, Jane Carters solution , Kinky Curly, Carols Daughter, Uncle Funkys Daughter, Hair Rules, Mango and Lime, as well as other brands. At the end of the day, you have to find the products that works BEST for you in ever sense of the word from budget to end results.

No comments:

Post a Comment